Bed Bug Control
How to prepare your home for: Bed bug Control
* Be prepared to leave the home during treatment and for about four
* Remove all pets from the home during time of treatment. Fish tanks
need to be covered up and the pumps turned off until reoccupying
* Remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, or any other bedding covers
from the mattresses and box springs in all bedrooms. Wash all bed
liners in the hottest water possible. Do not replace the bed linens
until four hours after treatment.
* If any mattresses, box springs, or other furniture are in poor conditions
and infested, they should be placed in large plastic bags, then removed
from your home and discarded. The pest control technician may need
to remove the backing from box springs in order to treat all areas.
* Remove all personal items including cloths, toys, shoes, books, stored
material, etc., from the furniture and floor area throughout the home.
* Remove everything from ALL closets. Completely empty all books
and items from bookcases prior to treatment.
* Remove light switch covers from electrical outlets in affected rooms.
* Clean and launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store
in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment. Any
stuffed toys or other fabric-based personal items should be run through
a pre-heated hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 15 minutes.
* Vacuum all carpeting, bedding, bed frames, backs of pictures, and
other areas bed bugs are seen. IMMEDIATLEY empty the vacuum
sweeper bag in an outside dumpster or trash.
* To give treatment time to work, do not shampoo or clean floors or
carpets for at least three weeks after treatment. You can vacuum
the carpets at any time.
* Move all items and furniture away from walls. The pest control
technician will need access to all baseboards and behind all
furniture. Everything may be returned to it's original location
after the treatment is completed.
* The bathtub, kitchen counters, dining room tables, and coffee tables
can be used to place items during treatment.
* Allow three weeks from time of treatment for it to be completely
effective. If the problem persists after two weeks, it is advisable
that homeowners contact the pest control operator, and apartment
residents contact their management office.
** Bed bugs can survive for up to 18 months without a feeding.
** A well-established bed bug infestation will likely take more than
one service call to eradicate. We recommend a monthly service
for a least six months, to help stop bed bug egg development.
** Bed Bug Proof bedding encasement’s can be purchased from local
stores such as, K Mart, Walmart, Menards, Bed, Bath & Beyond,
or you can order from, Protect-A-Bed at, HYPERLINK http://www.protectabed.com/"www.protectabed.com
** If there are any questions, please call us. Ask for Charles of Kathy
at 217-544-6042 or 217-306-2024